Department of Pediatrics at AIIMS, Jodhpur will be providing fully integrated comprehensive preventive, promotive, curative and rehabilitative services to the population of Central India. The department has a very well developed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit (PICU)/Nursery services for sick babies from Indore and adjoining rural population.
The department will be having facility to retrieve neonates from outreach areas with the help of ICU on wheels equipped with transport incubator, oxygen supply, suction and defibrillator. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) can cater to 7 sick babies at a given time. The unit has servo-controlled overhead radiant warmers, multiple parameter vital sign monitors, digital infusion pumps and ventilators. Heart behind these facilities are a team of skilled Consultants, Resident doctors and empathic nursing staff. The staff has been trained to identify common conditions and skill to manage them under supervision.
The department has following full time faculty:
The Department has following residents:
A. Senior residents:
B. Junior residents: Six junior residents provide round the clock emergency services under supervision of faculty.
Pediatrics department is involved in Undergraduate MBBS students as well as continuing education and professional development of faculty and residents:
I. MBBS students
1. Clinical posting (9 AM to 12 Noon) 18 weeks
2. Interactive Lectures (12 Noon - 1PM)- 56
3. Demonstrations and Tutorials (2PM to 4 PM) every Thursday- 44. Students are also involved in integrated seminars with 2-3 departments.
4. Students are assessed both formatively (Day to day- presntations, assignments, record books; mothly- end of posting with Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) consiting of clinikal skills on patients, communication, video observation, interpretation of clinical problem and use of equipments or manikins) as well as Summative exams as per guidelines of MCI and University.
II Professional Development
1. Daily departmental activity from 2.00 PM to 3.00 PM:
Monday- Case presentation
Tuesday- Seminar prepared by residents and moderated by faculty
Wednesday- Institutional Clinical Society Meets by rotation
Thursday- Journal Club (Perinatal Meet first Thursday of the month)
Friday- Interactive sessions
Saturday- Departmental/Inter-departmental meetings
2. Scientific enquiry- Research, Scholarship and project works
Download documents in pdf format ( You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader)
About the Author Dr Kuldeep
Last updated 8th January 2014
|We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.|